1. Do NOT burn
2. Only stay in the sun until you skin turns a VERY light shade of pink
3. Do NOT use toxic sunscreens - use clothing instead
4. Expose as much skin as possible (cover your face if you are worried about wrinkles)
5. Only expose your skin when your shadow is shorter than you (usually at midday but check). Otherwise you will only get the UVA rays which can cause cancer.
6. When you shower only use soap in areas not exposed to the sun. Vitamin D is fat soluble.
7. Be aware it takes 48 hours to form in your skin
8. You will probably need to supplement with Vitamin D3
9. If you supplement then you need to ensure you have adequate levels of K2 as well. Fermented vegetable are an excellent source.
10. If you can, get your levels tested with a simple finger prick blood test from Birmingham City Assay Department